SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 5 August 2015

August TBR


This post is the first in a new series, showing you what I'm reading each month. Today, I'll be showing you my 'to-read' pile for August! Let's start with;
The Sudden Departure of the Frasers by Louise Candlish

The first in my 'to-read' pile and, technically, already read. Since we are a few days into August at the time of posting, I'd already cracked on with the first book in my pile; a fast paced thriller. My review of this book will be up on Sunday!

31 Bond Street by Ellen Horan

Not my usual read, but I'm broadening my horizons, trying new things, and this book, a mixture of historical and crime fiction, is my first attempt at this. I'll be cracking on with this, a 'who dunnit' murder mystery, later this evening; light bedtime reading!

She is Not Invisible by Marcus Sedgwick

One of the books in my to read pile this month had to be a young adult novel. I am an, unashamedly, huge fan of the YA genre, but I've not read many in the last few months. This book, a thriller following one young girl and her brother as they search for their suicidal father, looks good, if a little dark, so I'm really excited to read it! 

Keep Your Friends Close by Paula Daly

My friend sent me Paula Daly's first novel in a book swap last year. Having really enjoyed that, I've decided to find out if her second novel is as good. A story involving stolen lives and best friends sounds like a promising one to me. I'll be sure to let you know, though! 

I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak

I intend to finish the month off with this, slightly mysterious, book by the author of a book I loathed, but I know many loved; "The Book Thief." A surprising choice, then, given my dislike of the author's first novel, but my curiosity was piqued by the vagueness of the book's description. I'm not sure what to expect from it, but it will be an interesting read to end the month on, if nothing else! 

That's what I'm reading this month, what about you? Keep an eye out for reviews of these books popping up as I read them! Have you read any of these in my 'to-read' pile? What did you think of them? Let me know!

Post a Comment