SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 30 September 2016

Life: September Update!


When I was younger, the days went by so slowly. I was always waiting for the next school holiday, the next birthday, the next Christmas. Time just seemed to drag. Now that I'm an adult, with a job and my own home, time just seems to fly by. I can't wrap my head around the fact that, in less than three months, we'll be celebrating Christmas. And I can, finally, start to think about Christmas, because my birthday is well and truly over!

September was such an awesome month for me; I really don't think October can top it, to be honest. So, here's what I got up to!

- Celebrated my birthday with not one, not two, but THREE birthday meals. Well, I do like to celebrate in style! The above photo was taken at my first birthday meal; with my future in-laws, fiancĂ©, and friends! I then had a second birthday meal, with my family. And I spent my birthday in Cardiff with my fiancĂ©; shopping, eating and playing crazy golf. 

- Caught up with old friends!

- Passed my driving test; the week before my birthday. You can't get much better than that, as birthday presents go, right? 


- Drove...a lot! I've been taking every opportunity I can to drive; to work, to the shops, to McDonalds! My fuel bill is horrendous, but it's a brilliant novelty to be able to just get in the car and go; whenever, and wherever I want!

- Went to the zoo. Because I've been loving driving, I picked up my mum one sunny Tuesday and we visited Cotswold Wildlife Park. This time, I got to see the otter; who was sleeping when I last visited. And we even watched some meerkats fight over a hard-boiled egg!

- Went to lots of wedding fairs, and wedding open days. We're still trying to decide on a venue, but I think we're getting closer to a final decision.


- Ate far too much food. But we all know, calories don't count in your birthday month, right?! 

- Embraced Hygge, and started getting really excited for Autumn, with lots of snuggly blankets and throws, warm woolly jumpers, and lots of Lush baths!


I took a lot more photos in September, as you can probably tell. I made much more of an effort to photograph everything I thought might make for a good blog photo! Which has meant I've had enough photos for not only my "September Favourites" post, but this one, too! I really have had an amazing month; spending time with all the people I love the most. I'm so sure that October can't top September, but I'll give it a chance. Come on then, October, let's see what you can do! 

What did you get up to in September? What are you looking forward to in October?

Post a Comment