SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 21 November 2016

My Five Favourite Film Adaptations*

*This is a collaborative post*

Today I thought I'd share with you my favourite film adaptations. I had to limit myself to five because, honestly, I could go on all day about book to film adaptations; the good, and the bad. If you're a regular reader of my blog, you'll know I love books; so it might not come as a surprise to learn I love watching the film adaptations of the books I love. Some are, frankly, rubbish, and others are fantastic. So here, in no particular order, are my five favourites...


The Da Vinci Code is possibly the only time you'll hear me say; the film was better than the book. I read the book years before I saw the movie, though, so maybe I just didn't remember the book that well? I'm yet to read Angels and Demons, or Inferno yet, despite having already seen the movies! 

Who doesn't love Bridget Jones's Diary?! A rare jem in the book to film adaptation market; both the book and the film never fail to make me giggle! I maintain that a film is only as good as it's cast, and I'm convinced that that is why the film adaptations of Helen Fielding's hit novels are so good!


First thing's first; The Devil Wears Prada is my all time favourite film. I just love it. And I've lost count of how many times I've seen it now. Secondly, the film is miles better than the book. The book was just seriously lacking. Of course, the book didn't have Anne Hathaway, or Meryl Streep, so...


Matilda was my favourite childhood film, and I am so torn on whether I love the book or the film more. Probably the book; because it came into my life first. I've always identified with Matilda; as a girl who spends most of her time alone, with her head in a book! I'd love to see the theater show one day, too! 


The Shining is considered a classic, and for good reason. Both the film and the book are chilling, horrifying; and the film does a brilliant job of bringing the book to life on the big screen. Of course, it helps that the film had a total legend directing it. The cast and crew can really make or break a film; adaptation or original! 

In an ideal world, I'd watch all of my favourite films in the cinema, whenever I wanted. But that's not feasible. So, the next best thing? Watching all of my favourite films on a 4K Pro TV from the Panasonic 4K TV Range*. The 4K Pro features a Studio Master HCX Processor, Professional Cinema Display for out of this world colour, clarity, contrast and brightness, as well as beautiful Art and Interior Design. It's also tuned by Hollywood filmmakers! What could be better for watching all of your favourite films on?! 

What is your favourite film adaptation? Is the book always better than the movie?

Post a Comment