SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 15 January 2017

Munchin'* || With Munchpak


I'll be honest with you guys; I've been struggling with the decision to publish this review for almost a year now. You might be wondering why. After all, it's just a review of a snack box. The problem is, I really didn't like my MunchPak Mini. But I didn't want to write a bad review. Then I realised, I don't have to!


If you're scratching your head in confusion right now, bear with me! You see, I didn't like my MunchPak Mini, because the food included in my box didn't appeal to me at all. But I realised; it probably would appeal to many. So I'm being brutally honest and saying that I didn't enjoy my MunchPak experience, but I know a lot of you would! 


If you hadn't already worked it out, MunchPak is a subscription snack box. Which sounds perfect, right? Who doesn't want snacks delivered to their door, as often as they want?! The MunchPak Mini, which I received, contains 5+ full size snacks. The Original MunchPak contains 10+ full size snacks, and the FamilyPak contains 20+ full size snacks. MunchPak imports snacks from all around the world and every box is different. Some snacks that have been included in boxes include Kinder Chocolate, Nutella and Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate.


My box was a very varied mix of snacks from across the world. It included: 

Bacon and Jalapeno flavour snack sticks

Apricot fruit roll

Aloe Vera and Blueberry flavour jelly sweets

Chocolate (burger shaped) biscuits

Chocolate wafer bar

Sweet potato shaped snacks


Now, the reason I didn't like this subscription box is because; I'm not an adventurous eater. But, in the name of a good review, I did try a few of the bits from this box. The Aloe Vera and Blueberry sweets were possibly the weirdest things I've put in my mouth, ever. They weren't bad, but they weren't great either. On the other hand, I really enjoyed the chocolate, burger shaped biscuits and the chocolate wafer. As long as it involves chocolate, I don't think you can go too far wrong, can you?!


I didn't get around to trying the Bacon and Jalapeno flavour snack sticks. I thought they might be like Pepperami, and I don't really like Pepperami. I also avoided the Sweet Potato Shaped Snacks, mostly because I couldn't work out whether they were actually Sweet Potato snacks, or just shaped like them. That matters because, I really really dislike sweet potato. 


The Apricot fruit roll was quite nice; it reminded me of those fruit roll-ups I always used to have in my lunch box, actually! Anyone else remember them? I miss them. Ah, nostalgia.


When I opened my MunchPak Mini, I knew I wasn't going to eat most of the snacks. Which was a shame! I wish I was a more adventurous eater, but I'm just not. But when I was perusing the contents of my box, I could think of quite a few people I know who would enjoy the contents. And I could think of even more people who would enjoy a subscription snack box delivered to their door every month!

If you'd like to order a MunchPak for yourself, or a friend, visit their website for more information and how to order! 

Would you have eaten any of these snacks? What do you think of MunchPak? 

*Products sent to me in exchange for a review. All words and opinions are my own.

Post a Comment