SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 26 April 2017

Life Lately - April Edition!


A lot can happen in a month. At least, that's what it always feels like right up until I come to write this post. Then it feels more like; what the hell have I been doing all month?! This month has been a real mixed bag; some brilliant highs and some, definitely not so brilliant, lows. So here's what's been happening...

I chose my wedding dress! Finally, I hear you all groan. I still don't know where my motivation went. But with only five months to go before the big day (even less now!) I finally kicked my own ass and went wedding dress shopping. And when I say shopping I mean, scouring the internet for reasonably priced dresses that I could try on in the comfort of my own home! I don't want to say much more on this, as I'll be doing a full wedding update post on the dress very soon. So if you're interested, keep an eye on the blog! 

Let's bounce from a high straight to a low; I started back on the antidepressants again this month. I've been off them for well over a year, but anxiety and depression have been kicking my ass recently and I finally had to return to the doctor and admit defeat. It feels like a failure. Like a huge setback. But I know logically, it isn't. It's just hard to make my depressed and anxious brain accept that this isn't an epic fail, you know? 

Right, another high. I've had lots of family time this past month, which has been brilliant! My grandparents came to see me, and my mum came back from Wales for a girly day shopping, lunching and trying on my wedding dress! I also went out for lunch with my godfather and his wife; we're very close, but I don't often see them more than a few times a year! It's been really nice to spend time with my family, especially as I've been feeling so low! 

Oh, and I got a new phone! Previously, I'd had the iPhone 6, but I found myself having to charge it two/three times a day (which is ridiculous!) But since I recently dropped the phone, and caused minor damage to it, I knew I'd never be able to get it replaced/repaired under guarantee and, to be honest, I really just wanted rid of it. I ended up selling my iPhone and Apple Watch, using the money to buy out of my current contract, and starting up a new contract with a new phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 Pink Gold)! My new contract is £15 cheaper per month than my previous contract, too, so over the course of the 24 month contract I'll have saved £300. Winning! 

Tell me one great thing that happened to you in April? 

Post a Comment