SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 28 July 2017

Book Review: Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney


My name is Amber Reynolds. 

There are three things you should know about me:

1. I'm in a coma.

2. My husband doesn't love me anymore.

3. Sometimes I lie.


It's hard to believe that Sometimes I Lie is Alice Feeney's debut novel. It's certainly right on par with other popular thrillers, including Gone Girl and The Girl On The Train. With an original story-line, strong characters, and a shocking twist; this is a first class thriller.

Some novels, even thrillers, can be a little slow to start. But right from the off, Sometimes I Lie was jam-packed with action. The story moved so quickly that it was hard to put this book down; you just had to keep on turning the pages, just had to find out what happened next. 

Clare Mackintosh is quoted as saying, of Sometimes I Lie, "A bold and original voice. I loved this book." And I'd be inclined to agree with her. Alice Feeney has a very original voice, and she tells a fantastic, gripping story. I'll be keeping an eye out for any future novels from Alice!

What have you read recently? 

Post a Comment