SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 4 September 2015

September TBR


It's that time again! The start of a new month means I'll be sharing with you all what I'm planning on reading over the next few weeks!

The Girl In The Spider's Web by David Lagercrantz

The first in my 'to-read' pile, and I'm a few chapters in already. My grandma turned me on to the "Millennium" series by Stieg Larsson; lending me the copies when I was at university. I read the books in about a week, no mean feat given the size of each book! Then I passed them on to one of my housemates, who also loved them. As soon as I heard about a new book continuing the series, I pre-ordered a copy. And now that I've got it, I expect I'll speed through it just like I did the first three! 

The Pocket Wife by Susan Crawford 

One of two books I picked up when I was, ostensibly, grocery shopping in Sainsburys. I can't help it; I'm always on the look-out for books! Especially when those books are half the price you'd pay in stores. This looks like, from a quick read of the blurb, a "Gone Girl" type of thriller/mystery. A book that's right up my alley, then!

The Good Girl by Fiona Neill

This book has been on my wish-list for, well, months! And I've nearly bought it a few times; in supermarkets and on Amazon. But each time, I've held off in favour of something else. Well, I finally succumbed to temptation and picked it up on a "Buy one, get one half-price" offer. Another "Gone Girl" type thriller/mystery. I might have a type....

I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh

Oh, look, another mystery/thriller, along the same lines of "Gone Girl" and "Girl On The Train." Guess I really do have a type. Funny, that! I've actually had this on my wish-list for a while, too, and finally picked up a copy in Sainsburys, at the same time as "The Pocket Wife."

Red Rain by R. L. Stine

To break up the, possible, monotony of the last three, I've picked a horror for my fifth read. I've not read any Stine since I was a child, when I discovered his "Goosebumps" series, so I'm looking forward to sampling some of his work now I'm a little older!

One Step Too Far by Tina Seskis and A Daughter's Secret by Eleanor Moran

My friend, Katy, sent me these two in a book swap earlier this week. I'm being a tad optimistic in adding these two to my 'to-read' pile. I usually manage five books a month, at best. With the addition of these, I'm trying for seven. But what's life without a little challenge?!

So that's what I'm reading this month, what about you? 

At the end of September, I'll be posting "The books I read in September;" where I'll update you on whether I managed to read all seven, and give you a short review of each! 

Till Sunday, beauties <3

Post a Comment