SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 20 November 2015

Aimee & Sarah's Book Swap!

Aimee and Sarah* are best blogging friends. One day, these best blogging friends decided they wanted to collaborate on something for their blogs. It took a few weeks of back and forth before they came up with an idea that would fit both of their blogs - with their individual styles. 

Aimee and Sarah both love reading, so the idea they came up with was simple. A book swap! Each lovely lady chose three of their favourite books, and swapped titles with the other. Then we set about reading each other's favourite books! 

I'm Aimee, and the first book I picked up to read from Sarah's three favourites was "Bag of Bones" by Stephen King. 

Here's Sarah to tell you, and me, why she chose "Bag of Bones" as one of her favourite three, and why she included it in our book swap! 

""Bag of Bones," by Stephen King, was the very first King novel I ever read. I actually remember going to the library with my gran and selecting it off the shelf. I can't explain why I was drawn to the cover but after reading the synopsis, I knew it was coming home with me. I never imagined I would enjoy a book with paranormal activity but I actually was engrossed in every single page (if you have read anything by King before, you will understand why!). It is beautifully written and the story is extremely moving. I knew instantly when Aimee & I decided to do a series of book collaborations together that "Bag of Bones" was going to be at the top of my list of books for her to read. For me, "Bag of Bones" opened the door into the world of Stephen King novels and 16 years later...I've never looked back." 

And now, for my thoughts. 

"The first Stephen King book I ever read was "Carrie" And from that first book, I was hooked. I went on to read "The Shining," "Rose Madder," "Christine," and more. But when Sarah's list landed in my inbox, I discovered a Stephen King book I hadn't read yet. That being said, I had seen the movie, so I felt a weird sense of deja-vu throughout! What can I say about "Bag of Bones" that Sarah hasn't already? She's right on all points; it's an engrossing read, beautifully written, and hugely emotional. It moved me almost to tears at certain points. I found myself grabbing a few minutes with this book whenever possible; in the bath, on the bus, when I couldn't sleep at night! (Although, in retrospect, I probably wouldn't recommend reading a book about paranormal activity when you can't sleep. It won't help...!) And I'm very grateful to Sarah for introducing me to another fantastic King novel!" 

We'll be back in a month with the second books in our book swap! 

*I'm Aimee, she's Sarah. She's Sarah, I'm Aimee. If you don't know who is who, the clue is in the names of each our blogs...AimeeRaindropWrites....Things Sarah Loves!

Post a Comment