SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 4 November 2015

Read In October

October saw me finally read two books I'd been asked to review. As well as a few others that had been on my shelf for a while...


Bag of Bones by Stephen King

I started the month with a Stephen King novel. I'd already seen the movie of this book, so it wasn't completely new to me, but it still had me on the edge of my seat throughout. Whoever thinks horror novels can't be as good as horror movies needs to read this book. I think my heart raced more reading Bag of Bones than it did watching the film! But then, Stephen King is the master of horror!

****


Liar Liar by M. J. Arlidge

I was so excited to read this book. I'd been eagerly awaiting its release since the beginning of the year and, let me tell you, it has felt like years! Thankfully, the eagerly awaited fourth installment in the DI Helen Grace series did not disappoint. In fact, I was so shocked by the ending I had to read the book again, from start to finish, to see how I could have possibly missed that! Absolutely gripping.

****


Suicide Notes From Beautiful Girls by Lynn Weingarten

My favourite book this month was one I bought on a whim. The blurb sounded like it might be my kind of read, but it was a little vague and I wasn't too sure what to expect. But from the first page, I was hooked. An explosive, action-packed, mysterious, young adult novel, with perfectly captured teenage angst and rebellion. Oh, and a lotta crazy! 

*****


The Thriller Theater by Tim and Kathy Hunt*

Tim and Kathy Hunt are two good friends of mine who have been writing romance novels together. When their series of romance novels ended, they wanted to try something new, and so The Thriller Theater was born. As their designated 'taste tester,' I got to read the book first and I was so pleased, because I got to read one of the scariest, creepiest, imaginative horrors I've ever read, and know it was written by my good friends! 

*****


The Damaged by  Simon Law*

This month has been full of horror novels. Pretty apt, really, considering it was the month of Halloween! But The Damaged was the most psychotic, crazed horror novel of all the ones I've read this month, and maybe even all the ones I've read, ever! Brutal, sadistic, gruesome, gory; it doesn't sound like a good read, but it is! Dragged into a deranged world, you're along for the ride, and although it isn't always pleasant it's a bloody good read! (And I really do mean, bloody...)

****

What have you been reading this month?

Post a Comment