SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 14 February 2016

Super Soups!* || With Crosse & Blackwell

It probably hasn't escaped your notice that I'm not a food blogger. Which is odd, really, because I love food. But when I was asked if I'd like to review a few soups from the Crosse & Blackwell Best of British range, I jumped at the chance!


January was National Soup Month; evidence of the fact that we, as a nation, love soup! Why else would we give it a whole month? Pancakes only get one day a year...just saying! And whilst there's always loads to choose from in the soup aisle, I find that many of them don't quite fill me up. So I end up adding a few slices of bread, or snacking after my meal. Anyone else?

Well, Crosse & Blackwell's Best of British soup range puts an end to that problem with a tasty and filling selection of soups. There's a number of different flavours to try, from Winter Vegetable to Broccoli and Stilton! There really is a flavour for everyone! Above is only a small selection of the Best of British range, and you'll have to visit your local supermarket if you want to see what other flavours are available.

I sampled Winter Vegetable and Leek and Potato; two flavours that couldn't have been more different! I'm not a huge fan of leek; I mean, I'll eat it if it's on my plate, but I won't go to any effort to put it there in the first place! So, of course, I tried the Winter Vegetable first.

Both soups are very thick and, as a result, very filling; which made them perfect for lunch! I ate both the soups without a slice of bread, and was pleasantly full until dinner time. The Leek and Potato soup had a creamier taste to it, where the Winter Vegetable had a taste that reminded me more of gravy! It's safe to say, I preferred the Winter Vegetable, but as someone who doesn't even really like leeks, I still enjoyed the Leek and Potato too!

I'm keen to try the Broccoli and Stilton, and Roast Chicken and Vegetable, flavours from the Best of British range next and at just over £1, I know I'll be picking up more of these for a quick and tasty lunch during the working week!


Have you tried any of the Best of British soups, or are you planning to? What flavours do you like, or fancy trying? Let me know in the comments below!

*this product was sent to me in exchange for a review post. All opinions expressed here are my own.

Post a Comment