SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 5 February 2016

February TBR

So, at the start of the year, I set myself a challenge; to read 60 books in 2016. You see, 2015 was the first year I'd failed to complete a reading challenge, and I've been setting myself these challenges since 2011! But, I did make it to 57 books; I was so close! This year, I'm going all out to hit my target, and maybe exceed it? (I may be being a little optimistic there, we'll see!) That means reading, at least, 5 books a month, and since I only made it to 3 last month, I've got a lot of making up to do in February! So here's what I'll be reading this month!


 From top to bottom.

The Tinder Box by Hans Christian Anderson 

The Tell Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe 

The Robber Bridegroom by Brothers Grimm

These are three books from the Penguin Little Black Classics range, and each book contains a selection of short stories from the author. I have approximately twenty-thirty of the Penguin Little Black Classics range. I chose these three because, well, I love fairy tales, and I've always wanted to read some Edgar Allan Poe! 

Lustrum by Robert Harris

Last month I read Imperium by Robert Harris, as part of my collaboration with Sarah. I loved it so much, I rushed out to buy the sequel. And I'll be reading it this month, while Imperium is still fresh in my mind!

Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige

The Wicked Will Rise by Danielle Paige

This is a reimagining of The Wizard of Oz saga. It's much darker, and more twisted, so I'm stoked to read it! 

The Widow by Fiona Barton

I picked this one up a few weeks ago, it sounds reminiscent of Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, and The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins! 


These four arrived after I took the above photo, and I was going to hold off on reading these till March. But in the spirit of exceeding expectations, and because these are only Quick Reads, I'm adding them to February's TBR pile, and crossing everything I'll make it through all 11 books. *gulp* 

I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai

The Anniversary 

A collection of short stories from various authors, including Matt Haig, Phillipa Gregory, and Jenny Colgan. 

Too Good To Be True by Ann Cleeves 

A Baby At The Beach Cafe by Lucy Diamond

So, that's what I'm reading this month. What's in your TBR pile? Have you read any of these? And if you did, what did you think? Let me know in the comments! 

Post a Comment