SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 5 August 2016

Read In July//August TBR

I wish I could start this post by saying that July was a brilliant month for reading, but it really wasn't. Of my planned four, I managed two (and a half) books. I don't know what's wrong with me recently. I've really lost my reading mojo, guys! I'm trying to make up for the last few months with my reading pile for August, as you'll see further down this post. I might be being a little too optimistic, but there's no harm in trying, right?! Let's check out what I read in July, before taking a look at what I'm hoping to read in August!

You by Caroline Kepnes

What a fantastic read! I raced through this book at a great rate of knots. Every chapter was a cliffhanger, and I was gripped throughout. I enjoyed this so much, I went out and picked up the next book in the You series straight away!

Rating: ****


Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes


Sadly, this book did not live up to my expectations, set by the previous book in the series. This was nowhere near as good as You. Slow, predictable, with stale characters; I really did not enjoy this one! 

Rating: ***


Apologies for the glare on The City Of Mirrors - I had no idea that book jacket was so shiny! So this month I'm shooting for five and a half books.  I have two long weekends, and one week to myself, so I should have plenty of time for reading! These are the books I'm planning hoping to read in August;

- The City Of Mirrors by Justin Cronin. I'm halfway through this one already, so it shouldn't take me too long to finish it! 

- The Girls by Emma Cline. 

- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by JK Rowling. 

- All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven.  

- Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver.

- All The Rage by Courtney Summers. 

So, wish me luck with finding my reading mojo, and powering through this big ol' pile of books in August! 

What are you reading at the moment? 

Post a Comment