SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 5 October 2016

Read In September//October TBR

Really? Another month has been and gone? September seemed to just fly by; probably because I was having a lot of fun! As well as having a lot of fun, I did a lot of reading in September. You guys, I've finally got my reading mojo back. Yay! So, let's jump right in and check out what I was reading in September, before taking a look at what's on my TBR pile in October!


When Everything Feels Like The Movies by Raziel Reid

Oh my god. This book broke my heart. Literally tore my heart out, and ripped it into little pieces. I have never read anything quite like this. Horrifying and yet necessary. This is one I feel should be on all the school reading lists, to be honest. 

Rating: *****


Nerve by Jeanne Ryan

I honestly thought no other book could live up to the standards set by When Everything Feels Like The Movies, but I was wrong. Nerve was so different, but so good. I'm itching to see the movie, now. If it's as exciting and thrilling as the book, it's bound to be a blockbuster! 

Rating: *****


The Other Widow by Susan Crawford

Unfortunately, the string of brilliant reads was broken with The Other Widow. Although I had high hopes for it, I found this one to be totally chaotic, confusing, and really? Just okay. It was nothing special, and I was a little disappointed. 

Rating: ***


CTRL, ALT, DELETE by Emma Gannon

This is the first audiobook I've listened to in ages. In years, probably. I recently downloaded a free trial of Audible and picked up three audiobooks; CTRL, ALT, DELETE being one of them. I really enjoyed Emma Gannon's narration, and most of the chapters were funny, and totally relatable. An enjoyable read (listen?) overall!

Rating: ****


The List by Siobhan Vivian

Because of Nerve, another YA novel recently made into a movie, I had high hopes for The List. Sadly, I found it lacking. Far too many characters made this a very confusing read; and the constant switching between them made it quite a jarring read, too. Overall, I did not enjoy this as much as I'd expected, or hoped, to.

Rating: ***

So, a real mixed bag last month, then. Some exceptionally good ones, and some not-so-good ones. At least there weren't any exceptionally bad ones though, right? Now, a quick look at what I'm planning to read in October!


It's not the best picture, I know. I have no idea what happened to make it so...grainy? Anyway, here's what I'm reading in October;

Hide and Seek by M. J. Arlidge
Speak by Louisa Hall
My Husband's Wife by Jane Corry
Where They Found Here by Kimberly McCreight
The Little Book of Hygge by Meik Wiking

I'm upping my game this month. I usually aim for four books a month, but one of my goals for October is to read five books this month, so I've picked out five! I'm also hoping to listen to the audiobook of Dear Amy by Helen Callaghan, but I'm not including this in my list, because it took me a few months to finish the last audiobook I listened to...!

Post a Comment