SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 31 October 2016

October Faves

It's that time again. Time for me to look back over October and pick out a few favourites to share with you. I love doing these posts, they are a real source of positivity for me, as I take some time out of a busy month to reflect on all the good things the month had to offer. So, without further ado, I present to you my October favourites...


There's going to be a lot of Lush in this blog post. Sorry, not sorry. Earlier this month, their Halloween and Christmas collections were launched and I might not have gone a bit overboard. No regrets, though. Some of my favourites from this haul? Snow Fairy Body Conditioner and Snow Fairy Shower Cream! I love that sweet, candy smell.


Something else that was released earlier this month, and slipped under my radar until I noticed photos of the book popping up on Instagram, was Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Illustrated Edition. Last year, I received the first, illustrated, book for Christmas, but this year I just couldn't wait to get my hands on it. It's so beautifully illustrated, and the story really comes to life with all the pictures accompanying it. I especially love the artist's depiction of Dobby, the house-elf! Definitely one of my favourite books this month, maybe even this year!


This might not be news to many of you, but it sure was to me. Costa do a toffee apple hot chocolate! Doesn't that sound disgusting? Apples, hot chocolate; not such a great mix, you might think. But this is, hands down, the best hot chocolate I've ever tasted. And I've tasted a few! Give it a try, next time you're in Costa, I don't think you'll be disappointed!



Velvet Ghost recently launched a new line at Primark and it's all cat-themed. As a crazy cat lady, I immediately raided my local Primark and bought probably more than I ought to have. But I don't care, because cats. Definitely one of my favourite products from this line; this glass mug. 


Oh look, a food picture. Surprise, surprise. I do love to eat! This was a cookie cup with marshmallow, chocolate and, I think, bits of honeycomb inside, topped with icecream. And, let me tell you, it was definitely as good as it looked. Maybe better. One of my favourite deserts of all time, to be honest.



And more Lush. Like I said, sorry, not sorry. This month I tried, for the first time, the Lord of Misrule bath bomb. I had no idea what to expect from it, but I definitely did not expect the deep red colour it turned the water! Green on the outside, it fizzes away into a red wine shade of red; making you feel like you're bathing in the blood of your enemies. So, perfect for Halloween, right? Definitely one of my favourite Lush bath bombs, ever.


What things did you love in October? Are you a fellow Lushie?

Post a Comment