SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 4 December 2016

December Goals!

advent, celebrate, christmas

Another month over already?! 2016 seems to have just flown by; and I can't believe I'm starting to think about my 2017 goals! 2016 has been very good to me (I got engaged, passed my driving test, and got my first car!)and I'll be sad to say goodbye to this year. But 2017 has even more exciting things in store for me (like our wedding!) so I'm definitely looking forward to the new year. So, since this is the last month of the year, and 2016 has been so good to me, I want to end this year on a high. I'm planning on completing all of my December goals by January; and starting the year off on a good footing! But before diving into my December goals, I'll let you all in on how I did with my November goals. Spoiler alert: not well, not well at all! 

1. Lose 1 stone.
I've not quite made it to one stone yet, but I am still losing weight so that's something, at least! I really struggle trying to lose weight at this time of year! 

2. Get a haircut. Oh hey, look, a goal I actually achieved! 

3. Book an eye test. I almost certainly should have done this, as it's now been two years since my last eye test, but I just didn't get around to it. Oops? 

4. Start Christmas shopping. Does it count if I've done other people's Christmas shopping, but not my own? No? Yeah...didn't think so. I'm starting my own Christmas shopping this weekend, but I didn't even manage to get Christmas cards in November!

5. Book a wedding venue. And...guess what? We still haven't even chosen a venue, let alone booked one. We're actually rethinking our original plan of a big-ish wedding, and thinking of opting for something smaller, perhaps. So it may be a month or more now before we book a venue! Still, better to get it right than to rush into it and make the wrong choice, right?!

So I only managed one out of five in November which is pretty poor, really. More than poor, actually, it's abysmal. I just don't know what happened. But onwards and upwards; I'm going to smash my December goals, I just know it! 

advent, bake, blur

And here we have my goals for December. Wish me luck?

1. Get into a daily skincare routine. I'm 26 years old now; it's about time I had a skincare routine!

2. Stick to my Christmas shopping budget. I always go wildly over budget at Christmas. I can't help it; I just love buying gifts for people! This year, I've worked out what I want to buy and for who; and I've set myself a realistic budget that I must stick to!

3. Read 6 books. My goal for 2016 was originally to read 60 books. I've since changed that to 50 books, because I knew I'd never make it to 60. At the time of writing this blog post, I've read 44; so only six to go! I've only failed a Reading Challenge once, and I don't intend to make it twice!

4. Lose half a stone. December is a really horrible time of the month to lose weight. All the delicious roast dinners, chocolates, and mince pies?! But I'm determined to keep losing weight this month, and I'd like to see another half a stone gone by January.

5. Finish an audiobook. I started listening to Dear Amy a few months ago, and it's been put on the back burner for a while since. Listening to audiobooks should be easier than reading though, right? So this month I want to finish Dear Amy! 

What are your goals for December? Are you looking forward to 2017, or will you be sad to say goodbye to 2016?

Post a Comment