SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 1 January 2017

2017 Goals!


Happy new year! But seriously, how is it 2017 already? I swear, 2016 was only just here! With a new year comes a new set of goals for the year ahead, and to hold myself accountable I'm sharing those goals with you! Let's start with my personal goals. 


1. Fit into a dress size 10/12. Ideally, this would see me drop about 3 stone. But whatever I lose will be fine if, by the end of the year, I'm fitting into a size 10/12. For comparison, I currently wear a size 16/18.

2. Save £3000. These savings will, most likely, go towards our wedding in September. I'm making a real effort this year to scrimp and save, so we can have the perfect wedding day!

3. Read 55 books. Last year, I set the bar too high with 60. But I did achieve 50, so I'm pushing myself only a little bit higher with 55 in 2017!

The reason I only set myself three goals each year is because, in the past, I've set myself more and completely failed. Three seems to be striking the right balance between too much and not enough for me! I also set myself ten blogging goals each year, a lot of them numbers related if I'm honest. I'm always striving to achieve more with my blog, and take it to the next level. So here are my 2017 blogging goals!

1. Makeover my blog. It's about time I gave this blog a brand new look. I'll be looking at, and purchasing, a new template in 2017. So keep an eye out for that!

2. Meet some blogging friends in person. I've already got this, sort of, planned out with Llinos, and two other local to me bloggers! It never ceases to amaze me that blogging has bought some wonderful friends into my life!

3. Attend one blogging event. This should be easier now I can drive, and have a car!

4. Reach 2.5K on Twitter. Towards the middle/end of 2016, I hit the big 1K. 2.5K seems realistic to aim for in 2017! 

5. Reach 1.5K on Instagram. I may be aiming a little high with this one, I'm only on just over 700 currently. But sometimes you have to aim high, right?

6. Reach 250 on Facebook. Facebook infuriates me, and is so hard to grow!! I'm currently on just over 100, though, so I think 250 is realistic; with a bit of hard work! 

7. Reach 350 on Bloglovin'. Just like Facebook, Bloglovin' is a little bitch; and a real hard platform to grow your following on. I ended 2016 on just over 160 so, like with Facebook, with a bit of hard work I think I can make it to 350!

8. Reach 60 subscribers on my newsletter. I'm surprised how many people have subscribed to my newsletter already - thank you, if that's you! And if you haven't subscribed yet, what are you waiting for? There's a sign up form at the bottom of this post!

9. Keep posts scheduled at least a week in advanced. In 2016, I posted on the fly; sometimes just an hour or less before a post was due to go live! In 2017, I want to get my shit together, and keep posts schedule at least a week into the future.

10. Work with five new to my blog companies. I had some amazing opportunities with some fantastic companies in 2016. In 2017, I want to continue working with these companies, as well as work with five completely new to my blog companies!

Phew! It looks like I'm going to be kept busy in 2017; getting fit, getting wed, and making my blog the best it can be! Wish me luck!

What are your goals for 2017? 

Post a Comment