SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 30 December 2016

Christmas Haul Post

Every year I say the same; I don't write these blog posts to brag. I know that these posts can be quite controversial, and that not everyone enjoys reading them. And that's fine. I, personally, love reading What I Got For Christmas posts on other people's blogs. I'm nosy like that! And that's part of the reason why I write my own. The other reason? Because I like to look back on these posts every year; they are a lovely reminder of Christmases past, and they keep me super grateful. If you're really not interested in seeing what I got for Christmas, that's fine; check back on Sunday for a new post about my 2017 goals! But right now, we'll jump right into the first batch of presents I opened on Christmas Day...


Christmas Day was spent with my mum, in the morning, and my in-laws, and fiancé, in the afternoon. It was quite a relaxed day with lots of delicious food, and some brilliant presents! This is what I received on Christmas Day... The super cute cat slippers were a gift from my mum (she knows I'm totally a crazy cat lady!) My in-laws got me the Whiskers Doorstop, Jewellery Box, Dairy Milk Snow Bites, Dairy Milk Marvellous Smashables Jelly Popping Candy, and Unicorn Pandora Charm.

The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom shower set, Johanna Basford Secret Garden Artist's Edition, Green Tea Peel Off face mask, notebook, and Marks and Spencer Colouring Calendar were gifts from friends. My fiance's gran gave me the Avon Prepare to Party Emergency Set (which includes a compact mirror, hairbands, a comb, nail file and gel insoles), and an A necklace.


I'm starting to think I should have taken the photos in a more organised manner...I'll make a note of that for next year!


Another few gifts from my mum, opened in the morning of Christmas Day; Swizzels Sweet Shop Favourites and McVitie's Moments. The Complete Collection of Harry Potter was a gift (chosen, and ordered, by me) from my fiance. He's the practical sort; prefers to get you something you actually want! My mum also got me a super warm and cosy Tatty Teddy Zip-Up Dressing Gown. I had wanted this dressing gown for ages, but couldn't afford to buy it for myself when there were Christmas presents to be bought! My mum remembered, and made sure I had it for Christmas; isn't she a star? 

Boxing Day was spent in Bristol, having a second Christmas Day with my grandparents. We exchanged our presents, stuffed ourselves with food, and played Uno and Jenga! This is what I received on Boxing Day...


The super cute, fluffy Debenhams slippers and Disney Lip Gloss Trio were from my Aunt, Uncle and Cousins. I was so pleased with the Disney Lip Gloss because, in the 3 for 2 deal at Boots earlier this month, I picked up an Alice in Wonderland makeup bag. So now I have lip gloss to match! The Sainsbury's hat and scarf, granddaughter charm (below), and I Love Reading Pandora charm were gifts from my grandparents. They know me so well!


If you follow me on Twitter, you may have noticed me tweeting that I didn't receive any Ferrero Rocher this year. I was disappointed because, well, I can't remember the last time I didn't receive Ferrero Rocher at Christmas! Well, my mum only bloody turns up on Boxing Day with a box of Ferrero Rocher doesn't she? Didn't I tell you she's a star?! 

And the final present I received was from my mum, and it was a stunning Tanzanite with White Topaz ring!

And that's it, for this year! I feel so grateful and thankful for all the lovely gifts I received! I know I'm very lucky; believe me, I don't take anything for granted. I hope you enjoyed reading this, and if you have a What I Got For Christmas post of your own please leave me a link. I'd love to read them! 

What did you get for Christmas? 

Post a Comment