SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 3 February 2017

February Goals!

14th, celebrate, day of love

Is it just me, or did January seem to go on forever?! I swear, that was the longest month in history! But here we are, finally in February, and well into 2017. Anyone else still writing 2016 on everything, though? I know I am! A new month means new goals, but before I dive into the new ones, let's see how I did with January's goals!

1. Read five books. I actually finished the fifth book of January with a few days to spare. I'm really pleased with my reading progress this month, and hoping to continue it into February!
2. Declutter the attic, and the cupboard under the stairs. A few weekends ago, we completely decluttered the whole house, from attic to kitchen cupboards, and took it all to the tip, or charity shop. It feels so good to start the year off with a clean, clutter free house!

3. Save £300. As soon as my January pay arrived in my bank, I transferred £300 straight out into the wedding savings fund. Leaving myself no time to spend it! Let's hope I can do this every month from now on.

4. Lose 2-4IBS. This is the only goal I didn't achieve this month, and possibly one of the most important. So that's just typical! Never mind, I'll just have to work harder next month! 

5. Make a meal plan each week, and stick to it. I'm counting this as a success because I did make a meal plan each week and, for the most part, we stuck to it. There were occasions when I wasn't feeling well (I've been suffering terribly with migraines recently) or we had an unexpected invite that meant we ate out. But we did well with meal planning in January, and I'd like to continue meal planning for the rest of the year! 

Maple Leaves on Ground Close Up Photo during Daytime

So January was a modest success, what about February? Here's my goals for the month ahead!

1. Practice gratitude every day. Whilst shopping the January sales, I picked up a gratitude journal in Paperchase. But, of course, I promptly put it aside and forgot to use it! I want to record everything I'm grateful for in my gratitude journal at the end of every day. I'm hoping it will help improve my mental health!

2. Lose 2IBS. 4IBS would be nice, but 2IBS will do! My motto? Aim low; you'll never be disappointed, only pleasantly surprised! 

3. Drink more water! I'm pretty sure part of the reason I'm struggling so much with migraines is because I definitely do not drink enough water. I'm making it my mission this month to drink a lot more water!

4. Practice self-care regularly. Self-care is so important, and I don't practice it often enough. This could include; taking a nice, hot Lush bath or just spending an afternoon reading! In an ideal world, I'd practice self-care every day, but realistically I'm aiming for once a week!

5. Declutter the garden. I'm continuing the theme of decluttering into February. We have a big pile of old stuff (bed frames, ironing board etc) in our garden that needs to go to the tip. I want to get it all to the tip this month, so we can do up the garden over Summer!

What are your goals for the month? 

Post a Comment