SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 6 February 2017

My Word For 2017


I'm taking inspiration for today's blog post from two of my favourite bloggers, Imii and Bee, and setting myself a word for 2017. If you're scratching your head and wondering what on earth a 'word for the year' even is, I'll tell you. The idea behind it is that instead of setting resolutions, or goals, you set yourself one word to focus on throughout the year. Now, goal setting works really well for me, so I'll still be setting myself yearly, and monthly, goals. But I'm also setting myself one word to focus on throughout the year; and I'll be keeping this word in mind when I set my goals! So, what's my word for 2017?

My word for 2017 is...HEALTHY! 

This year, I am focusing on improving both my physical and mental health. And here's how I'm going to do that...

I'm going to lose weight; not just for appearances sake, but for health reasons too. I'm going to get fitter; so I don't get out puff just walking up the stairs! I'm going to moisturise regularly; because I'm already starting to get wrinkles, and my skin deserves better. I'm going to keep myself adequately hydrated; because dehydration is why I get so many headaches, I'm sure.

I'm going to practice mindfulness; to calm my chaotic mind. I'm going to practice self-care regularly; to give myself time to unwind. I'm going to put myself first; and not let myself be pressured into something that triggers my anxiety. I'm going to learn to ask for help and talk more; because I don't have to deal with my mental health issues alone.

It might seem like a pretty big ask, but I'm not looking to cure all my mental health issues, or be the skinny, fit version of me I want to be by the end of 2017. I know that I will always be a work in progress; always striving to be calmer, skinnier, happier. But this year I want to really focus on these things so that maybe, just maybe, I'll be a little closer to the finished article than I am today! 


What's your word for 2017? 

Post a Comment