SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 10 April 2017

A Therapeutic Kiss* || With Oyster


There's no easy way to say this, so here goes. I'm getting old! Shocking, I know, but it's the truth. And as I'm getting older, I'm looking for new skincare products to introduce into my regime, to help keep me looking younger and youthful for longer! And that's where Oyster comes in, with their brand new Brightening Eye Serum*!

Eye serums are nothing new, but Oyster have come up with a unique formulation that's packed full of actives, each with their own special reputations. Take super-smoothing Hyaluronic Acid, for example. Or wrinkle-reducing Pentapeptides, There's also anti-aging COQ10 (for us all oldies, woohoo!) What else? Cafeisilane for puffiness, and Niacinamide for dark circles. All blended refreshingly with rich in antioxidants Green Tea and Raspberry Extracts and gently soothing Cornflower. Resulting in? A super-enriched, soothing eye gel to hep reduce puffiness, refresh weary eyes, and tone and brighten the skin around them. And to top it all off, the serum has a precious essential oil blend of fresh herby Lavender, tangy Grapefruit, and fruity Mandarin Oils for a truly wonderful aroma!



I've tried a lot of eye serums over the last few years; Clinique, Avon. The list goes on. And I've always found them, sort of lacking. By that I mean, they've never really done anything for me. So I'd sort of shunned them from my beauty routine (hah - we all know I don't have a beauty routine, but I'm really trying to get into one!) So I'll be the first to admit, I was very sceptical when Oyster's Brightening Eye Serum arrived at my door. 

The first thing I want to point out about this serum is this; the directions are kind of confusing. They read as follows;

"Apply morning and night onto clean skin. Dispense a small droplet onto your middle finger. Break the droplet with another finger, cup your hands and inhale the aroma. Gently pat a small amount of serum under each eye and along the brow bone."

I groaned, when I first read the directions. It sounded so complicated, and I just wanted something easy! But, being the dedicated reviewer that I am, I gave this serum a try the next morning. And was instantly confused. Because what was dispensed was not a droplet, but a squidge of lotion, which I certainly did not need to "break...with another finger." So confused was I, that I didn't even notice my cat start licking the lotion off my finger until it was too late (lol - cats are weird!) 

I don't know what to tell you about the directions then. I've no idea why they describe a droplet, that will need breaking. Maybe my bottle was a fluke, and it should have dispensed droplets? Maybe the directions are badly worded? I don't know. What I do know is that I was really glad that this serum turned out to be a lot less high maintenance than it had originally sounded! Not only that, but this product smells AMAZING. I highly recommend cupping your hands and inhaling the aroma each time you use this product, because it will lift you up in the mornings, and calm you down before bed every time! And it works. On my eyes, that is. Because that's the most important of a Brightening Eye Serum that costs £15.00 (which is actually pretty reasonable compared to other brands on the market. Liz Earle, for example? £35. Origin? £20!)

Yes, this product really works. It left my eyes feeling instantly soothed, refreshed and, somehow, younger. And that's the really important part, now that I'm getting on in years! 

You haven't heard the best part yet, though! I've teamed up with Oyster so that one of YOU can win your very own Brightening Eye Serum. Exciting, right?! You can enter using the widget below - good luck!

Win A Bottle Of Brightening Eye Serum By Oyster #9

Are you a fan of eye serums?

*Product/s sent to me in exchange for review. All views and opinions are my own.

Post a Comment