SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 1 May 2017

April Reading Wrap-Up//May TBR

I really don't want to jinx myself, but I am totally smashing my Goodreads Reading Challenge at the moment. I'm five books ahead of myself right now. FIVE! I don't think that's ever happened to me before; I've always been right on schedule, or desperately trying to play catch up. I'm trying not to get complacent though, and my goal is still to read five, or more, books a month. And now, here are the books I read in April...

12799901

Bloody Valentine by James Patterson was a gruesome, grisly, chilling read. But I loved it! Quick, easy to read, and perfect for fans of Patterson; I just wish it hadn't ended so soon.

Rating: ****

Image result for feel the fear and do it anyway quick reads

Is this perhaps one of the most famous self-help books ever? I don't know why, though. I found the advice to be quite trite, and I really didn't like the style of writing. Nothing about this book seemed to help me; maybe it was just too short?

Rating: **

29905584

Baby Doll has made it onto the list. Don't worry; it's a good list. It's the "Favourite Books of 2017" list. Every book wants to be on the list, but only the best will make the cut. And Baby Doll was one of the best. 

Rating: *****

33015034

Another one for the list. That's two in one month! I didn't know what to expect when it came to The Roanoke Girls, and I picked it up on something of a whim (after reading about it in Cosmo or Glamour). But I'm so glad I did! A must-read. 

Rating: *****

33124679

What a fantastic book! Let The Dead Speak had me hooked from the very start; as I desperately tried to unravel the secrets of the living, and the dead. Although it got a little convoluted towards the end, and hard to keep up with all the different threads, it's climactic, shocking finale was the perfect ending! 

Rating: ****

34456161

The Good Daughter was a bloody beast of a novel! At over 500 pages long, it was a real slog getting through this book. And not just because of it's length. It didn't make for the easiest of reads, and the story was dragged out way too long. I liked it, but I didn't love it.

Rating: ***


It's possible that I'm being a little too optimistic about how much reading I'll get done in May. BUT, that being said, there are two bank holidays in May, so plenty of time to read! Here's what's on my TBR pile for May...

- Rattle by Fiona Cummins
- The Caller by Chris Carter
- Zoo & Zoo 2 by James Patterson
- A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron
- The Escape by C.L. Taylor
- Happy As A Dane by Malene Rydahl

What's your favourite book? 

Post a Comment