SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 30 December 2018

January Goals


I can't quite believe I'm writing this post, to be honest. How is it (nearly) January 2019 already?! I'm not ready to accept that yet, so let's linger a little longer in December and see how I got on with my goals for this past month.

1. Get back into a daily skincare routine. I bought some new skincare bits from Glossier in their Black Friday sale. But having a broken finger in a splint has rather hampered my enthusiasm for this goal.

2. Wrap all Christmas presents. Despite having a broken finger, I managed it!
3. Save some money. It might not be a lot, but I've managed to put some money aside this month and I am v happy about that.

4. Take lots of photos. This was a massive success! I have some wonderful photos of my granddad's 80th birthday party, and other occasions. 

5. Enjoy Christmas. It's not been easy, and I've been v stressed and anxious throughout December, but I did actually enjoy Christmas and the time spent with family. And that's a good result, as far as I'm concerned. 

Four out of five ain't bad. Especially considering the curveball life threw at me in the form of a broken finger. I'm happy with that. So, with those goals considered, here are my goals for January 2019!

1. Get back into a daily skincare routine. I'm carrying this goal over from last month, and hoping that once my splint is removed I can easily achieve this. 

2. Practice gratitude every night. I don't sleep well, so I want to work on that this year. One way is by listing 2 or 3 things I'm grateful for each day right before bed. This will allow my mind to focus on the positives than on the negatives, as it usually does. 

3. Buy a swimming costume. I may not be able to swim until my finger has healed, but I can get ready for weekly swimming by buying a new costume!

4. Stick to a weekly budget. 2019 is the year I kick my shopping addiction to the curb, I hope. So to start with, I need to stick with a weekly budget.

5. Watch one new to me series on Netflix. I'm paying for Netflix, yet I hardly ever use it. I want to change that in 2019!

Wish me luck!

What are your goals for the New Year?

4 comments :

  1. I'm trying to get into the habit of taking my makeup off each night, as I am suuuuuper bad with remembering to do it!
    Best of luck with all your goals this year hun! Have a lovely 2019! :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in your goals! I love shopping for swimming costumes!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Good luck with your January goals. I need to save this year and will be saving a little each month. My plan at the moment is a £1 on the 1st, £2 on the 2nd etc and keep this going throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh let me know if you want any recs for Netflix! I definitely watch too much! I hope your goals are all going well

    Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete