SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 17 December 2018

Stay Healthy This Winter* || With Care+


If you're anything like me, this time of year proves to be a bit of a nightmare for staying fit and healthy. I'm forever fighting off or coming down with something, be it the simple cold or the more serious flu. And joints? Don't even talk to me about joint problems. My arthritis is always flares up in winter. So I was incredibly grateful to be sent some vitamin tablets promising to help with all my health needs! 

Let's talk about the Collagen Beauty Formula Capsules first, shall we? I've always been sceptical of anything promising "beauty in a bottle," but that's not what Care+* promise. Their beauty formula contains Vitamin C, Copper and Vitamins B2 and B3 which contribute to maintaining normal skin (whatever normal is for you.) Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal skin, hair and nails. And Biotin also contributes to maintaining normal skin and hair. So, whilst this doesn't promise to make you anymore beautiful than you already are, it promises to help your skin, hair and nails maintain their natural beauty and, perhaps, slow down the ageing process**? And if taking one little capsule a day can do all that, then I am here for it to be honest.


Now on to those tablets promising real health benefits. I'm not saying beauty isn't a health benefit, but I'd much rather have pain-free joints and no colds/flu than be beautiful. Just sayin'. These were the tablets I was really interested in, that I was really hoping would improve my health at what is the worst time of year for me health wise. So, I started with the Collagen Joint Formula Capsules (note that it is not advised to take both collagen supplements at the same time). Now, in itself, Collagen is a protein that forms the main component of connective tissues such as; tendons, ligaments and skin. But the capsules also combine Vitamin D3 and Zinc to maintain normal bones; Copper to help maintain the normal function of connective tissue; and Vitamin C to help in normal collagen formulation for the normal function of cartilage. 


And finally, we have the Advanced Immune Support Tablets which can be taken alongside one of the Collagen Capsules. So, what makes it such a boon for the immune system? Well, these tablets offer a combination of immune system boosting nutrients (like Vitamins A, C, and D3, Zinc and Selenium, and more) alongside anti-catarrhal, anti-inflammatory and soothing actions for anyone currently experiencing the symptoms of a cold or flu like virus. Taken daily, these promise to help improve your immune system and help you feel better if you're unlucky enough to fall foul of a virus. 

Winter sucks for taking blog photos, guys. By the time I get done with work, and home to any parcels, it's too dark to take photos. So you'll have to make do with artificially lit photos featuring many, many shadows until the lighter evenings come back around again.

So, on to the important question; do these vitamins work? 

And here's my answer, in short; Yes.

I'm no more beautiful than I was a few weeks ago, but I do feel a hell of a lot better than I did. I've noticed a decrease in flu-like symptoms. No sore throats, no sniffles, no warning signs of a virus coming my way. I've also noticed a, frankly, fantastic reduction in arthritis symptoms. I can usually expect 3-4 days a week of pain in my joints. But not since taking these tablets. I've gone a week without experiencing any arthritis pain. And that is nothing short of a miracle in my eyes. 

So, would I buy these vitamins myself? 

Short answer, yes.

However, that being said, I wouldn't purchase the Collagen Beauty Formula Capsules again. I don't see that they improve anything anymore so than a good daily skincare regime. And I know that most of us beauty bloggers will have one of those. On the other hand, though, popping one pill a day is, to most of us, nothing. And, alongside a good daily skincare regime, these capsules could really help maintain your healthy looking skin and slow down the ageing process. So it really is up to you. I already take enough tablets a day so I'm not looking to add any more than is necessary. However, I will be repurchasing the Collagen Joint Formula and Advanced Immune Support vitamins again. They've proved they live up to their promises, and are well worth adding to my daily pill collection.

*These products were sent to me in exchange for a review. All words and opinions are my own.
**Please note, this is just my opinion and not a promise the company manufacturing these supplements makes.

Do you take any vitamins? 

Post a Comment