SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 8 April 2020

5 Horrifying Horrors To Watch During Lockdown


Since at least a quarter of the world's population are currently in some form of lockdown, I thought I'd start a new four part series sharing five films, books, games and TV shows my readers might enjoy whilst stuck at home. Anything to pass the time, right? And we're kicking things off with five horrifying horrors. Shall we begin?

1. The Curse of La Llorona. Available on Sky Cinema or Now TV to stream. I only watched this one the other day, but it was hella creepy. I still get chills thinking about it, to be honest. It also includes a reference to Anabelle, another horror well worth watching.

2. A Quiet Place. Available on Netflix to stream. This one takes some watching, considering there's no spoken words. But it's an absorbing, engrossing and chilling watch. You won't want to take your eyes off the screen from the opening scene!

3. Get Out. Available to rent on most streaming services (YouTube, Amazon etc). This film is super weird and super freaky. I still think about it now, and I watched it probably a year or so ago now. It's not your typical horror, and a bit of a slow burner but well worth a watch to the end.

4. The Babadook. Available to rent on most streaming services (YouTube, Amazon etc). Not much scares me, to be honest. I might flinch at a gruesome gore scene, or jump at a scary moment. But not much haunts me. The Babadook, however, did. And it shook me up so much that I won't watch it again to this day. 

5. The Blair Witch Project. Available to rent on most streaming services (YouTube, Amazon etc). Controversial choice, I know. But what made this film so terrifying to me was the found footage element and the emphasis on this being a true story. So many people believed in it! Don't bother with The Blair Witch Project 2, though. That was rubbish.

Do you have any film recommendations, horror or otherwise?

Post a Comment