SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 21 October 2016

Bookish Delights* || With Illumicrate


I love books. That probably doesn't come as a huge surprise to most regular readers of my blog. After all, nearly every haul post I publish includes lots of new books. I also love subscription boxes. Also, probably not a huge surprise. I've sampled and reviewed a number of subscription boxes in the past; ranging from self-care to crafty, from pet care to food. I've tried 'em all**. But what was really missing from the subscription box market? A bookish subscription box. And then, by chance, I found out about two! Turns out, book subscription boxes are a thing and the first one I signed up to receive was Illumicrate!

Illumicrate* is a carefully curated quarterly box which includes a newly released book and a supply of fun, bookish goodies, like bookmarks, stationery and more. Each box includes at least 3-5 items. Illumicrate work with independent suppliers for great quality products, and they try, where possible, to make sure the items included are exclusive to the subscription box. Illumicrate also work directly with publishers to to provide exclusive content from them and the authors where possible. 

Pretty awesome, right?


I first subscribed to Illumicrate in February and was so impressed by the box that I stayed subscribed for the next box, which arrived in May. Although I've since had to cancel my subscription (I have a wedding to pay for!) I fully intend to re-subscribe as soon as I am able! I didn't get any decent photos of Februrary's box, however I did manage to get one or two decent photos of May's box which I, of course, had to share with you all! Here's what was included in May's Illumicrate box:

 - Book: When We Collided by Emery Lloyd
- Signed bookplate by Emery Lloyd
- To Be Read notepad
- Ex Libris stamp
- Book Club mug
- Readers Gonna Read pin
- Bookworm bookmark/paperclip

Extras

- Postcard set with When We Collided quotes
- Exclusive sample of Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
- Pins for Jenny McLachlan books
- Other advertising materials

Honestly, this was such a fantastic box. I swear I squealed in delight when I opened it up and pulled out all the wonderful goodies hidden inside the yellow shredded paper! This was definitely my favourite box (even though I only tried two) but I've heard that August's box topped even this one. I swear, the Illumicrate boxes just keep getting better! 

If you love books, I can't recommend this box highly enough. Whilst I love the subscription service offered by The Willoughby Book Club, Illumicrate includes so much more than just one book; and all the extras are so carefully selected. Give it a try; a quarterly subscription costs just £29.99, with free shipping in the United Kingdom, and you can cancel your subscription at any time. Head on over to the Illumicrate subscriptions page to find out more!

*Products were sent to me in exchange for a review. All words and opinions are my own. 
**Except beauty boxes. I've never tried a beauty subscription box!

Post a Comment