SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 27 May 2020

Five Years Of Aimee Raindrop Writes!



I can hardly believe it to be honest. Five years of blogging! That's half a decade of hauls, book reviews, wedding tips, fertility woes, cat themed blog posts and more. 

When I started Aimee Raindrop Writes, I never in a million years expected to still be blogging in five years. I also never in a million years expected to have had the opportunities through blogging that I've had.

Opportunities like collaborations with some amazing brands (Walkers, PlantPal, Woo Woo, XLS-Nutrition, Wentworth Wooden Puzzles, Crosse and Blackwell to name a few!) Receiving so many books, even some ARCs, in exchange for a review on my blog. Not to mention the friends that I've made through blogging.

There have certainly been some rubbish times, too. Times where I've wanted to pack it all in. Times where I've wanted to say "I quit." Because of PR companies asking me to work for 'exposure.' Because of rubbish views and interaction (especially over Summer!) Because of Twitter suspending my account.

But I'm glad I've kept going for these five years. It's always nice to know people are reading my blog. That my blog is successful. But even if no one is reading this blog, even if I get no views from here on in, I enjoy this hobby/part-time job of mine. And I enjoy having a space on the internet that's all mine. A space that, in the future, I can show my children. So if you don't mind, and even if you do, I'll continue blogging for, hopefully, many more years to come! 

Are you a blogger? What do you love most about blogging? 

Are you a blog reader? What posts do you enjoy the most? 

1 comment :

  1. Congratulations! 5 years is a lot! I just wanna say congratulations and I hope that you grow bigger and become more successful, not just with your blogging, but also in your life. Always remember the people that are always there for you, even since the beginning when you started to pursue your dreams as a blogger. I hope you'll notice me, a simple greet from twitter would mean a lot to me. God Bless You

    ReplyDelete